Hurricane Florence

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
MintySage
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Hurricane Florence

Post by MintySage » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 pm

All good here. Our city didn't receive that big of an impact. From what we saw on the drive back home yesterday were mostly scattered leaves and what really looked like the aftermath of a very bad thunderstorm. Granted, the city wasn't taking the same chances it had with Matthew a couple years back, so they were on the ball with tree removal and energy restorations. We live uphill from one of the reservoirs, so while we weren't in any danger of being flooded, my brother and I weren't taking any chances. We'll see how the drive to work is tomorrow given that some of the creeks around the city may have crested, though the rain has been waning considerably. RazHoping
6 x
Se habla Español. | Tweet, Tweet TboneSmile

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Echo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 pm

I'm also glad to say the storm is officially over in my town, a bit of flooding but it should hopefully dry up overnight and my internet's back. I hope everyone else made it out okay~ BroFistIcon
7 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Felix Kayne » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:47 am

Well, I think it's passed us now. Didn't really do anything around where I was. Didn't get as windy as it I thought it would and the rain didn't come down hard either. It was quite.... plain actually. I don't know how it was in other places in the city, but where I am it didn't really do anything
6 x

QueenSimia
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by QueenSimia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Glad everyone's doing okay, if not a bit soggier than preferred. I heard Florence was downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it made landfall, but the amount of water could still cause a lot of problems. Stay safe, all!
3 x
|||| friendly neighborhood aero ace ||||

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:36 am

Yesterday, there was no rain for the first time in several days, and the sun kept insistently peeking out. Now, today is full on sunny! Yay! RazorHappyCait
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)