Oh my goodnesss...

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Oh my goodnesss...

Post by Leon Mane » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 am

Never give up hope. The fad will fade, and when they undo their collective rectal/cranial inversion, they'll remember that good, quality entertainment that takes actual risks is what brings in the money and ratings, not pandering to the vocal minority. If not, there's always anime and manga. Maybe we can pitch a SWAT Kats reboot to Funimation.
2 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 am

Leon Mane wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 am
*snip*
Here's hoping.

In the meantime, I've had a hypothesis that Warner Media was letting its cable assets die on the vine, with the reasoning being that people will subscribe to HBO Max if they're desperate.

But they ought to make sure that their streaming service actually works before flushing their cable division down the toilet.

Hey, that's the cue!...

0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:23 pm

And since Nu Cartoon Network is going further down the drain, this is (yet again) obligatory:

:evil: RazAnnoyed MadkatDownIcon
0 x

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:32 am

I'm sure there's folks that like the current shows, that wouldn't like the stuff that we like. Taste's Cycle with everything.

There's shows from when my brother young that he enjoyed that I aren't my taste at all. I'm sure there's shows that I like that he wouldn't get either.

I haven't watched cartoon network in enough years that I don't have an opinion on it anymore.
2 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:04 am

That's probably for the best. I'll avoid going off on a rant, and believe me I could probably do a few paragraphs, but the long and short of it is; they're not exactly doing what's best for a company or corporation, and it's us, the viewers, who suffer for their bad ideas.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Leon Mane wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:04 am
it's us, the viewers, who suffer for their bad ideas.
"Us, the viewers"? Cartoon Network aims its shows at kids and, to a significantly lesser extent, their parents. The only time the suits care about adult animation nerds like us is when it comes to the Adult Swim and Toonami blocks.
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:26 am

True, but anyone can enjoy cartoons. So in this case "us" refers to anyone that watches any cartoon hoping to just forget about the real world and the troubles associated with it for a little while.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 am

Agreed. Just reminding everyone that we aren't CN's target audience and for better or worse, the execs don't make decisions with us in mind.
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:36 pm

marklungo wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 pm
"Us, the viewers"? Cartoon Network aims its shows at kids and, to a significantly lesser extent, their parents. The only time the suits care about adult animation nerds like us is when it comes to the Adult Swim and Toonami blocks.
And then they're baffled and shocked when more people decide to cancel their cable subscriptions. callieeyerollicon

This is especially funny as the mean age of most developed countries (including the U.S.) have been increasing. They're chasing after a shrinking demographic! :lol:
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:46 pm

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in the United States, marriage rates have been plummeting lately. This also means less children are being born, especially as more and more women are putting their careers ahead of starting families.

The audience grows up and moves on to newer, more age appropriate things, less of an audience is born to take their place, and the networks are actively driving away both the audience and the parents that pay for the channels. If they don't start adapting, they won't have an audience of any age group, or at least not one that covers the costs of the shows.
2 x