Oh my goodnesss...

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Oh my goodnesss...

Post by Rusakov » Sun May 23, 2021 7:17 pm

0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Oh my goodnesss...

Post by Leon Mane » Mon May 24, 2021 5:11 am

I'm interested in the Batman cartoon, and about the only thing I'm not sold on are the cowl's ears, but that's just me, and maybe they'll grow on me.

Superman... I'm curious, but I'm not fond of the art style. It feels like they're going for an anime inspired look, but, and this is entirely my opinion, it kind of reminds me of the recent She-Ra cartoon. Is it the same art studio? And, is that Lois hugging Clark? Or some random teenager? I'm not being sarcastic or trying to make a joke; I legitimately don't know.

The rest, maybe I'll tune in when I'm in the mood and awake, but I may end up just waiting for a season so I can check the ratings. The last few cartoon reboots or reimaginings have sort of burned me, and I'm wary.
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Fri May 28, 2021 10:48 pm

Leon Mane wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:11 am
Superman... I'm curious, but I'm not fond of the art style.
To each their own. But at least it's not yet another bean-head styled cartoon, so I'll take what I can get! RazorHappyCait
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 am

0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am

I'd say I'm surprised at this, but I'd be lying. I grew up with Cartoon Network from basically the start of it. The 90s CN was fun on top of hilarious with a side of awesome. Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, the original Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken, and, most bittersweetly, SWAT Kats, and all of them were unique, none of them boring, and every new episode had me regularly laughing. The 00s were good enough, with experimental cartoons left and right, aiming for ratings by being good, high quality shows, and some of my favorites came from that decade. The new 10s started off okay, but eventually they just started to slow down and lose any real spark of creativity as they started playing it safer and safer with everything and just dumbing it all down.

Now? This is just pathetic. Anything that stands out in an interesting way either ends up getting axed, or it's changed to fit the same cookie cutter trash. I gave up on CN years ago. This is just another layer of dirt on the grave of the real Cartoon Network, tossed on by the imposter trying to make everything Woke.
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Leon Mane wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am
[...]
Really, that* can be summed up like this:

(* Save for that last sentence. Could you at least not do that in my threads? I requested one of mine to be deleted because you brought that crud in.)
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:25 am

Not gonna say anything further on it, just commenting that it's one of the issues that's become a part of the modern Cartoon Network. I've sort of gotten jaded to that topic lately.

Honestly, my biggest beef with CN is an old one that's left me wondering what might have been; the cancellation of Megas XLR. It started as a parody of giant Mecha anime, but it was on the verge of becoming something truly great, then they cancelled it after they wrapped up the second season, just as it was really starting to get going. I can never truly forget how they gave that show the shaft. That said, it's not the first time.
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Leon Mane wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:25 am
I've sort of gotten jaded to that topic lately.
So have I.

Well... fash-wokeness is what I'm sick of. But whatever.
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Now, if they'd just release more of the good shows on DVD, like Megas XLR, I could slowly assemble a collection of my childhood favorites.
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 pm

Apologies for my previous snappish post.

With that said, this thread is kind of pointless now that Cartoon Network is not becoming awesome after all.
0 x