Why We Think Cats Are Psychopaths

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Why We Think Cats Are Psychopaths

Post by Rusakov » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 am

The Atlantic

One excerpt:
Cats, [Delgado] pointed out, simply don’t have the facial muscles to make the variety of expressions a dog (or human) can. So when we look at a cat staring at us impassively, it looks like a psychopath who cannot feel or show emotion. But that’s just its face. Cats communicate not with facial expressions but through the positions of their ears and tails. Their emotional lives can seem inscrutable—and even nonexistent—until you spend a lot of time getting to know one.
The article is pretty interesting. I suggest you all read it.
2 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Why We Think Cats Are Psychopaths

Post by Mikazo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Well there's a quote we could see in a future Swat Kats episode: "I'd show you how I really feel, but I don't have the facial muscles for it!" :)
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:37 pm

Mikazo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:42 pm
Well there's a quote we could see in a future Swat Kats episode: "I'd show you how I really feel, but I don't have the facial muscles for it!" :)
Or "I'd show you how I really feel, but I don't have the face for it!", in case more brevity is needed? ;)
1 x

EditorElohim
Resident
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am

It reminds me of an OC character I made who is basically a kat with a similar personality to Daria Morgendorffer.

Back to article, I guess that's why I prefer dogs more than cats in real life; in animation it's the other way around. BroFistIcon
1 x