Thundertruck

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Thundertruck

Post by Rusakov » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:16 pm

New Atlas
This all-electric 4x4 off-road concept has a monster battery pack, a brutally angular and military look that borrows heavily from the Cybertruck, and pop-out solar panels for off-grid charging. Oh, and if you need extra range, you can snap two extra wheels and a battery onto the back of it with a self-balancing caboose that makes it a six-wheel-drive.

First things first: Thundertruck is the brainchild of a Los Angeles "creative consultancy," conceived mainly as a way to keep the team busy during the first wave of COVID lockdowns. "Instead of baking bread or making puzzles," says the Wolfgang L.A. team, "we decided to make a new state-of-the-art EV truck."
Whether or not that's cooler than Razor and T-Bone's Thundertruck I'll leave up to the rest of you. :P
4 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Thundertruck

Post by MoDaD » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:37 pm

5 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Given that the above Thundertruck is an EV, it makes me wonder how the Swat Kats actually power their vehicles. Do they use standard fossil fuels or something else?

Imagine if they used biofuels. You would know the Swat Kats are coming when you start smelling french fries!
2 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Mikazo wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:00 pm
Given that the above Thundertruck is an EV, it makes me wonder how the Swat Kats actually power their vehicles. Do they use standard fossil fuels or something else?

Imagine if they used biofuels. You would know the Swat Kats are coming when you start smelling french fries!
Petroleum is the chemical fuel that has the best energy output per pound/kilogram.

That being said, the Kats' civilization probably only uses petroleum for aircraft only. After all, it's hard for me to imagine that a civilization capable of human-level AI and advanced biological engineering capabilities wouldn't have figured out one of these, for instance.

You have to keep the air clean and there's no sense in running vehicles that don't need that much energy on gasoline/petrol! :P

As for MoDaD's image edit, lol. RazLaugh
2 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:58 am

I'd have liked a truck like that in Death Stranding. The delivery van is nice, don't get me wrong, and using ziplines is just plain efficiency for small deliveries (and timed deliveries especially), but I'd like something a bit more all terrain.

Edit: evidently my auto-correct thinks when I type "ziplines" I was trying to type "silliness". Yes, very similar words with the letters so very close to one another. 🙄
Last edited by Leon Mane on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:40 am

Rusakov wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm
Petroleum is the chemical fuel that has the best energy output per pound/kilogram.

That being said, the Kats' civilization probably only uses petroleum for aircraft only. After all, it's hard for me to imagine that a civilization capable of human-level AI and advanced biological engineering capabilities wouldn't have figured out one of these, for instance.
I'm thinking if they opted for something like biofuels, it could add an interesting twist to the show. Imagine how the villains and other characters would respond to it.

"Smells like the Swat Kats have arrived. Lets give them a salad!"

"Commander, is it lunch time already?" "No, it's those hotshot vigilantes!"

Either way, it would be neat to see them come up with a fuel source that's somewhat inventive and unique.
1 x

EditorElohim
Resident
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:31 am

I think it would be too much to ask for them to design or obtain a special fuel. Moreover, there is something that makes me wonder.... Where do they get the fuel for the Turbokat in the first place? I doubt they would use conventional gasoline, which might work for the other vehicles. But for a jet?
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:32 pm

I'd guess all those choppers and Jets that get scrapped so often occasionally survive intact enough for Jake to recover the fuel tanks. Or maybe they repair Enforcer vehicles, so they'd have some on hand to refuel them, and they skim a little off the top and blame it on evaporation in the containers?
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm
They do have oil refineries. And in Bride of the Pastmaster, T-Bone explicitly mentions "long lines at the gas pump."
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:53 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm
They do have oil refineries. And in Bride of the Pastmaster, T-Bone explicitly mentions "long lines at the gas pump."
Ah, that's right. Though perhaps in their world, "gas pump" has become more of an expression, sort of like "hang up the phone" (often we don't actually "hang up" anymore, we just press a button on the touchscreen). And what exactly is "gas" to them? In our world we refer to electricity as "juice."

But if they are actually still using gasoline as we would know it, that's a little uninspiring. In such a technologically-advanced society as theirs, I would expect a more advanced energy source. Can't they outfit every vehicle with some kind of free-energy perpetual motion device? ZymeIcon

2 x