how many languages do you know?

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Re: how many languages do you know?

Post by Felony » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:01 pm

LOL I'm only familiar with my native tongue of English. I took Latin in both High School and College but was so long ago I only remember a handful of words and phrases. XD It's a dead language anyway, but it was great for learning more about the English vocabulary. I'd like to learn another language that is spoken but I can't ever make up my mind which one so I just haven't pursued it.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

DarkFatalKnight
Resident

Post by DarkFatalKnight » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:38 am

I'm a Mexican male that speaks English fluently but I'm not that fluent when it comes to Spanish. Isn't that a little sad?
0 x

Casandro
Fandom Veteran
Germany

Post by Casandro » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Well I knot German and a bit of English. I've tried learning Spanish.
0 x

SKF
Just Moved In

Post by SKF » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:44 am

english, slovenian and croatian. I also understand and can read serbian (latin only).
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:40 am

Felony wrote:LOL I'm only familiar with my native tongue of English. I took Latin in both High School and College but was so long ago I only remember a handful of words and phrases. XD It's a dead language anyway, but it was great for learning more about the English vocabulary. I'd like to learn another language that is spoken but I can't ever make up my mind which one so I just haven't pursued it.
It may be dead but it IS a root language for English. If you learn Latin, it can actually help you understand any Latin-based language much better. Even if you don't know the word meaning off the bat the root words will at least clue you in.

I only speak English fluently; "Queen's English" (British English) if you want to get technical. I do speak a LITTLE Spanish but I could do with more conversational practice if I were to, say, ever get lost in a South American country. :D

I also speak Jamaican Patoise, which is essentially English Creole. It's a lot easier to speak than type and it would look VERY different from how I normally communicate online. It's a bunch of different languages smooshed together but it's still essentially English. Somebody asked me if I was Irish before and I was like, "Eeer?" I did some research and it turns out, the dialect is also influenced by Irish, at least in the way we inflect our tone and say our "r's." Aaaaaargh... matey. (Well we do also eat corned beef and cabbage.)

Oh and I lived near where Black Beard used to hang out.... now it's underwater.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Republic of Serbia

Post by Kanogetz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:44 pm

My native language is serbian, english is secondary, I know a bit of german and that would be it. :)
Been learning english since the 1st grade elementary, always worked on improving my conversational skills, pronunciations, grammar and stuff like that. Studied german for few years but the language never really grew on me so I dropped it after I finished school.
I do understand local balkanic "tongues" such as croatian, bosnian n such but they are very very similar to serbian so, yeah. xD

Just a random thought that was going through my head, maaaaaybe we could organize a little skype conference call with a couple of people from MegaKat City forums, have a little chat, talk about SK or just go random and have fun. Like I said, just a thought. ^^
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:00 am

That could be fun. I can probably kill some more of my chronic shyness that way.

And that's interesting, I can't say I've ever heard much Baltic languages over in the US. I guess because the local populations are very few and far between. I actually only met some Eastern Europeans at my old translation job =D
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Spanish and English I know very well.
I know a bit of French and German.
1 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:47 pm

In my case, spanish as mother language and english :3
1 x
------------------------
NERO (X3)
------------------------
ImageFind me on: DeviantArt / FurAffinity / Twitter
ImageSK smilies request list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exp9slsdtz8b9 ... t.txt?dl=0