Titan A.E.

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Titan A.E.

Post by Rusakov » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Casandro wrote:Ohh I should re visit that eventually. It was quite an odd movie coming from Don Bluth who was more known for movies like "The Secret of Nimh" or "An American Tail".
Well the film was written by Joss Whedon. :P

I loved this film as a child and still love it as an adult. It's a shame it was a disappointment at the box office, poor Don Bluth's career is dead in the water now. :(
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:40 pm

And at the risk of a topic necro, Titan AE has an example of physics more accurate than most live action films!

(Skip to 4:21 if the video doesn't do so automatically):

https://youtu.be/yVVnbpKpMiY?t=261
0 x

EditorElohim
Resident
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:39 am

I love Titan A.E. It was the first movie I saw in the theater with friends. For me, the animation has aged quite well: the destruction of Earth, the journey through Shesharim, the ice rings, the creation of the planet Bob - and the soundtrack in that scene that makes you cry with joy - are unparalleled.

What did age poorly is the very premise of the film. That is:

- It's the year 3028, humans can do interstellar travel, and they're still limited to Earth. Don't they have colonies on other planets?
- Year 3028, and the space colonies -those huge artificial stations- are basically slums. What about the '70s designs like the Bernal Sphere, the Standford Torus or the O'Neill Cylinder? Or the most current one, the Kalpana One
- Aren't there other Earth-like planets where humans could resettle?
- Humans are capable of building a ship capable of creating an entire planet out of nothing, but have no terraforming technology? Really? RazConfused
0 x