2016 in Review

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

2016 in Review

Post by MoDaD » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 pm

2016 was possibly the most eventful year for SWAT Kats I've personally experienced (and also a very eventful year for me personally). In all of the busyness things were probably forgotten, set aside or may have disappeared without my notice.

So, in the effort of reminding myself (and anyone else who may have missed things) what SWAT Kats things from this year caught your interest and what are you looking forward to in 2017?
2 x

LAKenji
Just Moved In
Columbia

Re: 2016 in Review

Post by LAKenji » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:48 pm

I hope to see SK Revolution new material next year, a trailer, or a short.
It would hype the love for the series.
2 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:33 pm

One way or another, I would like to see the series evolve. I always viewed the show's existing episodes as more of a trial phase or test run for something that could be much bigger. So, further progress on the Revolution thing, or maybe more fanworks? Would be interesting to see if the fanbase actually grows at all!
2 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm definitely excited for Revolution to start in 2017, and potentially the animated trailer which was an incentive that we hit on the Kickstarter. Let's hope that Netflix will take up the series! :D
Jacob's webcomic is coming together very nicely, and I liked following the story as it went. It seems like he's got a great story for it, and I loved reading it this year. :)
2 x
~BlueFoxxo
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

RedCoonie
Raccoon with a pen
United States of America

Post by RedCoonie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 am

LowdogCraft wrote: Jacob's webcomic is coming together very nicely, and I liked following the story as it went. It seems like he's got a great story for it, and I loved reading it this year. :)
I'm glad you like my comic!
I have big plans for the series... just you wait and see...
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 pm

We have been trough difficult & rough time 2016

But I'm looking forward in 2017 I hope

& I really eager to see SK revolution as well I just hope this show doesn't end up like Teen Titans Go! & I'm Sure the Tremblay Bros. will find the new voice actor for Commander Feral

Can't wait :3
1 x

RedCoonie
Raccoon with a pen
United States of America

Post by RedCoonie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:We have been trough difficult & rough time 2016

& I really eager to see SK revolution as well I just hope this show doesn't end up like Teen Titans Go! & I'm Sure the Tremblay Bros. will find the new voice actor for Commander Feral

Teen Titans Go! ended up like the way it was because CN wanted the money from the brand. and they also hired two people who hadn't seen a single episode of the series until after the series went into production.
The Tremblay Brothers would not disrespect the fans like that. They have what CN execs don't. Common sense and a brain. (two of them!)
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Jacob1290 wrote:
Prettyshadowj26 wrote:We have been trough difficult & rough time 2016

Teen Titans Go! ended up like the way it was because CN wanted the money from the brand. and they also hired two people who hadn't seen a single episode of the series until after the series went into production.
The Tremblay Brothers would not disrespect the fans like that. They have what CN execs don't. Common sense and a brain. (two of them!)
Ok let's just hope so
0 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Germany

Post by Mr. Goodkat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:26 am

There're quite some memorable things that happened around me this year concerning SWAT Kats.

First, there was the Anime Matsuri Convention. Although I didn't attend to it personally, I had the feeling that it brought the fan community very close together for a short amount of time and I really felt being part of that moment although being thousands of miles away and being filled up with caffeine in order to stay awake. Being in contact with MoDaD while he was on his way to Houston and also during his assistence to Christian, Yvon and Lance gave that feeling quite a boost. Not to mention the activities here at MegakatCity.com during the convention that I moderated which was a bit weird as it just happened kind of unintentionally. And the Get Well Soon-initiative for Katrina was quite touching.

Later that year I had the opportunity to meet Jayhan in Munich who gave a live performance of her song Sky's the limit among other songs concerning games and cartoon shows at the Super Geek Night. That was and still is the first time I've ever meet another fan of the show in person and I had the feeling that I was the only attendee there who knew about the show. Jayhan recognized me quite quickly since I was wearing my SWAT Kats T-Shirt, but she seemed to be the only one which was a bit disillusioning as I was hoping that more people would recognize the logo. But it wasn't really a surprise as SK was never aired in Germany and this convention was also rather small.

Last but not least, receiving the project award for my fan-works was another highlight I shouldn't forget to remember. ;)

For 2017 I really hope that we get some solid news about SWAT KATS - Revolution and the chance to see the trailer. But I don't assume that we gonna see the first episode of the new show next year even if the Tremblay Brothers are able to find a network or a provider that is willing to finance the show soon as it takes quite a while until the preproduction and all the others steps necessary have been completed. I also hope that the backers of the Kickstarter campaign don't get impatient or even upset because of the long silence or in case that it won't happen for some reason (which I don't hope, of course, but is always a risk accompanied with crowdfunding campaigns that aren't completely financed by the campaign itself and still can happen even if they are, thinking about the OUYA-console for example). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed even if they start to hurt. ;)
2 x

Krillos
Resident
Sweden

Post by Krillos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:03 pm

The year 2016 is definitely not a favorite of mine but it had some good moments, especially involving Swat Kats.

I became a member of this forum and I'm happy for it. ^^ I shared many interesting discussions with you all. My favorite topics were "What if cats and dogs shared the planet?" and "What if there are werewolves?". It was also here I learned of the script of the unfinished episode "Succubus!". Truth to be told, I don't think that episode would be a favorite of mine. Too weak of a character development, especially for Feral. But I bet that episode would be awesomely animated, considering it was intended for the 2nd season.

Anime Matsuri Convention was a blast. I didn't attend it, I only saw the whole thing through Periscope. I can still remember Christian's happy expression when he learned Sweden was watching. ^^

And finally, I learned of this neat little petition of bringing SK Revolution to Netflix. Spread the word, people.
https://www.change.org/p/netflix-pick-u ... revolution

And that's it. Let's hope 2017 will be a great year. ^^
0 x