S2E09 - The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Re: S2E09 - The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats

Post by Betaruga » Fri May 08, 2015 2:13 pm

As Callie is Deputy Mayor, her position (while influential and definitely an asset for Dark Kat) is still not as powerful as the mayor, so perhaps Mayor Manx (assuming he is the mayor of Megakat City in this alternate universe) is actually hyper-competent and runs a much tighter ship than his counterpart.
Not gonna lie, Competent!Manx plays with my head more than anything in that episode did.
1 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 am

Well, it is the Land of Opposite Day. :lol:
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

SwatKatsFan1
Resident

Post by SwatKatsFan1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:17 pm

I bet Manx is incompetent in that dimension because why else are Feral and Felina good guys and the SWAT Kats bad guys? I bet Manx became more competent by processing his own paper work after learning his deputy mayor was corrupt.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Wait, so is he incompetent or isn't he? First you say he's incompetent because Feral and Felina are the same, then you reverse course and say he's competent because Callie's evil.
0 x

NightSlayer2
Resident
Canada

Post by NightSlayer2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:52 am

Do u think that episode just gave out clues to who Dark Kat could really be? Dark Kat said that he spent years developing that Mega Detonator which was in Puma Dyne. Do u think Dark Kat once worked at Puma Dyne or maybe has connections to that corporation which would explain where he gets all of his technology. :?:
0 x

MSTRazorFan89
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by MSTRazorFan89 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 pm

It is interesting how only three characters are on different sides in two universes. I actually love the Dark SWAT Kats TurboKat a lot. This is hands down one of my absolute favorite episodes. Everything works incredibly well with barely any real flaws. I remember first seeing it being confused about what was going on. Now I understand exactly what the people making the show's vision was. I really hope the Dark SWAT Kats return in the new series.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:58 pm

MSTRazorFan89 wrote:I really hope the Dark SWAT Kats return in the new series.
That's assuming they survived. But then, unlike the civilians, the villains all seem to have some kind of weird "get out of death" card.

Unless you're Morbulus or Mutilor; those guys are very dead, and the former has the dubious honor of dying three times in the same episode. I doubt we'll ever see either of them again. ViperLaughCait

The Dark SWAT Kats, though, could be brought back; an easy way to do it is to say the Mega-Detonator simply teleported them into another alternative dimension instead of killing them.
2 x

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Classic Joker Immunity. Spotlight villains need big, overly dramatic sendoffs that justify their deaths. Viper as good as signed a waiver to his Joker Immunity policy when he went giant. The Dark SWAT Kats might be a limbo case, in so much that they didn't explode, but simply disappeared in a burst of Technicolor light. Death by atomic disruption? Cast across the voids of time and space? Or maybe they were just plain removed from existence. Had the bomb managed to hit Enforcer HQ, would it have done the same to a building and/or the occupants? Hopefully we get an answer.

Side note, the Dark SWAT Kats seemed less competent, but entirely more lethal, which makes a reappearance more and more intriguing. Like Samurai Jack, they could bring the show back with a slightly higher rating, to get away with more than ever.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 am

Can anyone determine what it says on the door the SWAT Kats go through after getting past the sleeping guard? When the Dark SWAT Kats knock him out, it can be seen to say "something Research something Admittance." Since this is the area where the Mega-Detonator is, I'd like to know exactly what it's called for the purposes of the Encyclopedia.

Edit: Apparently it says "Top Secret Research." But can someone confirm this?
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Apparently it says "Top Secret Research." But can someone confirm this?
pumadyne-door.jpg
That makes sense, seeing as this can be seen later:
pumadyne-vault.jpg
2 x