Ridiculous Moments

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Re: Ridiculous Moments

Post by Betaruga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:
Felony wrote: He uses his toes to help climb up the vines, one of the more cat like things he's done aside from hacking up a hairball. XD
Both of which in the same episode! XD
I think he hacked up a hair ball in Bride of the Pastmaster, though honestly whatever episode he did it in I'm glad we only saw anyone on that show do it once XD ew!
1 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Post by Betaruga » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 pm

LowdogCraft wrote:
Felony wrote: He uses his toes to help climb up the vines, one of the more cat like things he's done aside from hacking up a hairball. XD
Both of which in the same episode! XD
I think he does that in separate episodes (Destructive Nature for vine climbing and hairball in Bride of the Pastmaster) tho to be honest I'm just glad that was the only time we ever saw anyone on the show cough one up XD ew!
0 x
"So you SWAT Kats were telling the truth!"
"Duh, Commander!"

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:14 am

MoDaD wrote: I know it's been pointed out by others before, but one scene that always stood out as ridiculous (amid other ridiculous things no less) was the scene in the climax of The Giant Bacteria where T-Bone crashes the Turbokat into Megakat Biochemical to interrupt Dr. Viper's altercation with Callie:

And the corresponding escape that takes place impossibly quickly:

It didn't seem so much cartoon-ish as lazy to me, as if the writers/director/production people couldn't come up with something better (or were short on time and unable to do something better that they meant to do).
As ridiculous as it is, I will always love this scene, it's one of my favorites (Even though someone should have rightly died from the jet crashing into a building.) I love the craziness of it and, of course, how T-Bone jumps out and just picks up Callie effortlessly with one arm while Razor is aiming a bazooka at Viper. It's so overkill. I will always love it.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:35 am

It deserved to be gifed! :shock:

For such an infamous episode, this one sure had some goofy moments. :lol:
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Mon May 11, 2015 8:32 am

razorREO wrote:Let's not forget 'The Deadly Pyramid' where the giant Katchupitchu (whatever) backhands Razor. We're talking, broken neck, broken back, instant death... I had to slow it down and watch it again cause I couldn't get past it. He literally flips over backward (moving pretty fast as it is) and lands on his head.

And to add to that? T-Bone shouts at him, "Get the headress!" As if Razor is totally fine. Which, apparently he is. Because he just gets up and runs over there to fight the Pastmaster like, "Screw the laws of physics! I'm a cartoon!"
Rule number 1 of SWAT Kats: Never let the SKs die, or we can't make our 5 bucks off of merchandise. XD

One thing that struck me as pretty weird is that in When Strikes Mutilor, Mutilor somehow finds the SKs planet without getting detected or finding any more planets abundant with water! Also, I've always wondered how the Speed of Heat engines work in space. They don't explain anything. I mean I get why the cockpit shield is needed, that's so the vacuum of space doesn't push down and break the glass, but... No explanation for why the extra thrusters or engine still work in space. :/
1 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun May 17, 2015 1:41 pm

LowdogCraft wrote: Rule number 1 of SWAT Kats: Never let the SKs die, or we can't make our 5 bucks off of merchandise. XD
What merchandise...? :lol:
1 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Sun May 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
LowdogCraft wrote: Rule number 1 of SWAT Kats: Never let the SKs die, or we can't make our 5 bucks off of merchandise. XD
What merchandise...? :lol:
The action figures, the video games, the action set... all that stuff nobody bought since the show was marketed so poorly at times.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:00 am

LowdogCraft wrote:The action figures, the video games, the action set... all that stuff nobody bought since the show was marketed so poorly at times.
That was my point. There was so little merchandise, there may as well have been none. I.e., nobody bought it because there was almost nothing to buy. "All that stuff" amounted to a game (which was only one game amid a sea of them at the time), four crappy action figures, and a set of handcuffs. :lol:

And on top of this it was poorly distributed. The show being marketed poorly was certainly a contributing factor, but the toys' limited availability and even more limited selection was what really did them in, in my opinion.

And it cuts both ways, too. After all, how many kids discover shows because of the toys? So, just as SWAT Kats' poor performance on television meant nobody would buy the toys, so too did the limited selection and crappy distribution mean nobody saw the show. Merchandise builds awareness of a show. And since the toys were so poorly made and so difficult to find, well, they failed to do their job and build awareness of SWAT Kats.
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Post by Betaruga » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 pm

This will always be the most ridiculous moment of the series for me. Next day Jake was like "Good thing I made those 'stupid tiny' missiles, huh Chance?" while his roommate just closes his eyes and sighs.

Honestly though I like the idea that Jake invents missiles for every kind of event imaginable, and I'd like to see that taken further. "Need some explosive confetti for your parade? I got this. Gotta break up with your girlfriend? I gotta missile for that."
2 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 am

*sigh*yes THAT tiny missile. That was so over the top circumstantial... but now I'm curious about that ex-girlfriend missile 8D
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info