2016 SK New Year / Secret Santa Art Trade

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: 2016 SK New Year / Secret Santa Art Trade

Post by MoDaD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Thank you to all the participants for this year's Art Exchange! I know things got off to a bit of a rocky start, and there were a few hurdles tossed in along the way, but after seeing everyone's contributions and the diversity of work, I feel comfortable calling it an outstanding success :D

A special thanks goes to one of our awesome founders and administrators, who despite having a mountain of personal work stacked up in front of her made time to contribute an excellent piece as the SECRET artist: our very own Poecat!

And, another special thanks to our awesome forum moderator, social media manager, behind-the-scenes issue handler, and above all talented artist Betaruga for coordinating this year's cross-Tumblr promotion and for doing TWO excellent pieces!

This whole event has me wondering if maybe there's just enough interest in dusting off an old monthly tradition from several years a decade prior... more on that later :D
1 x

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Republic of Serbia

Post by Kanogetz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:27 pm

austinswatkat87 wrote:Hello again everyone. I decided to do one last piece of fanart for Kanogetz. This piece contains Razor and Felina Feral again.
It took about 4-5 hours to do, and the board was 13.5" x 21". This was done entirely by hand, with the media being pencil,
as well as pen and ink. This piece was not easy to do, and I was so worried about how it would turn out. In this piece,
Razor and Felina are fighting a creature that is not canon to the Swat Kats universe. The creature is an inspiration from many
of the epic comic book monsters I have seen, as well as a little inspiration from Mutation City, as well as the 80s comic book style
of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles. It was a last minute decision to add the fattened Swat Kats logo in there. Hope you all enjoy
the piece, as my hands can barely type.

Man, you demolished this one! :shock:
I just love the thick, greasy, grungy comic book outlines and the composition of the picture. Seeing Felina and Razor battling a giant monster with rocket launchers, captured inside of a SK logo, it looks sick. Like MoDad said, it does look like a piece of promotional artwork for the original series. And does that creature remind anyone of the Pinky demon from DooM? xD
You've outdone yourself and I really appreciate the effort you've put into it!
You've made not one but three art pieces for me and I can't thank you enough, dude. :D
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:36 pm

austinswatkat87 wrote:

So BOSS. It looks like something from printmaking. I like that you used the SK logo as a template and pumped it full of action.
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Bakanakaba
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Bakanakaba » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 am

Betaruga wrote:
Hey, thanks a lot man! Glad you dig your Turmoil (and Mutation City!) Means a lot coming from you--your work is utterly boss. Love the dynamism in your T-Bone piece! I shared it with Kobb on Tumblr!
Thanks! Mutation City may or may not be my favorite episode, so I always get a lil' bit excited whenever I see works attributed to it.
0 x

austinswatkat87
Resident
United States of America

Post by austinswatkat87 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:05 am

Ickaimp wrote:
razorREO wrote:Hey guys! This is for the mystery-loving Ickaimp! I present, Detective Clawson :D Hope you like it, Icka.

Holy carp! This is lovely!!!! Swat Kats Noir!! <3 Thank you! I love it!
Hi. You did great job on the piece, I love it. Keep it up.
0 x

austinswatkat87
Resident
United States of America

Post by austinswatkat87 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:07 am

Ickaimp wrote:Heya! My my recipient is austinswatkat87. Noticed you liked T-Bone and Football, so....
IMG_4802.JPG
Hi Ickaimp. You did an amazing job on this, I really like it. Football would be more fun if there weren't concussions, injuries, and if it weren't such a big business.
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 am

austinswatkat87 wrote:
Ickaimp wrote:
razorREO wrote:Hey guys! This is for the mystery-loving Ickaimp! I present, Detective Clawson :D Hope you like it, Icka.

Holy carp! This is lovely!!!! Swat Kats Noir!! <3 Thank you! I love it!
Hi. You did great job on the piece, I love it. Keep it up.
Hearing Razor's voice narrating his own story 1st person style, it's the potential for greatness (and hilarity).
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 am

Because I'm not an artist, but I want so bad to enter one of these... You all did marvelous art pieces <*_*>
0 x
------------------------
NERO (X3)
------------------------
ImageFind me on: DeviantArt / FurAffinity / Twitter
ImageSK smilies request list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exp9slsdtz8b9 ... t.txt?dl=0

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Germany

Post by Mr. Goodkat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Cait wrote:You all did marvelous art pieces <*_*>
Seconded. Like last time, I'm very impressed what all of you guys have created in this art trade and it looks like everyone is happy about the image he/she received.

It's actually a bit sad though that there was some bickering going on in the background this time. I've noticed that following the events on SWAT Kats Hangar and reading MoDaD's short comment about it in this thread. But it's a relief to see that this didn't seriously harm this event (or at least it looks like that from the outside). So I think we should also thank those who took care of not letting this to get out of hand.

Great job, everyone.
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 am

So much radical SWAT Kats artwork y'all! I hated missing out on this, work was draining (one point I went 12 days straight). I love seeing the characters done in various different styles. Is the tumblr going to host all the entries as originally stated?
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony