Who is the Iron Chef?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Who is the Iron Chef?

Post by Felony » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Or Mega Chef? XD A question came to mind on Discord I’d like to pose here: Who does the cooking at the salvage yard? Jake, Chance or both? We know Chance can make a big hoagie but I’d like to think at least one of the two bachelors can make more than sandwiches.

Also a related question posed by LadyStormcrow: how much of a kitchen setup does the garage actually have? Do they have a real stove and oven somewhere, or is it a "hotplate and microwave" situation?
6 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Who is the Iron Chef?

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Jake! RazorHappyCait
5 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:52 pm

I was going to say Jake too but... have we seen them eating something else than pizza, sandwiches and raw ingredients (mongo pepper). There was that soup too, but I must say is a case of ordered/premade food XD

Now I want a pizza... Thanks, Felony! RazorAnnoyedCait
4 x
------------------------
NERO (X3)
------------------------
ImageFind me on: DeviantArt / FurAffinity / Twitter
ImageSK smilies request list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exp9slsdtz8b9 ... t.txt?dl=0

MintySage
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by MintySage » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:11 pm

I'll be the opposite and say that Chance would be more of a culinary genius than Jake, partially because I can see it as something the big guy would take on as a hobby or maybe he likes the idea of eating something other than take out. I've always been a personal fan of the "tough guy that can take out an entire army can master the kitchen" trope (Ao no Exorcist and Voltron: Legendary Defender warped me). I don't doubt that Jake could be able to do his share of cooking, but I always assume that he's too busy working/creating/building something to remember that he needs to eat at some point.

As for the kitchen layout, you know that Jake's already built them a stove. And, it's probably something close to nuclear powered, though I don't expect Jake to be splitting atoms in their kitchen anytime soon.
Last edited by MintySage on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Se habla Español. | Tweet, Tweet TboneSmile

LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by LadyStormcrow » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 pm

MintySage wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:11 pm
As for the kitchen layout, you know that Jake's already built them a stove. And, it's probably something close to nuclear powered, though I don't expect Jake to be splitting atoms in their kitchen anytime soon.
This is my personal headcanon too, lol. I can't shake the mental image of Jake being like Tim from Home Improvement in the way he soups up appliances. ("It's the only blender in Megakat City that can puree a brick!")
6 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

MintySage
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by MintySage » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 pm

LadyStormcrow wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 pm

This is my personal headcanon too, lol. I can't shake the mental image of Jake being like Tim from Home Improvement in the way he soups up appliances. ("It's the only blender in Megakat City that can puree a brick!")
“Yes, folks! It’s the Brick Blender (TM)! This little baby can do it all - chop coal, dice diorite, shear slate, fragment flint, and mince marble! With the Brick Blender(TM) you won’t have to worry about sharpening those blades because it’ll do it for you! The Brick Blender(TM) is guaranteed to last you for the next thousand years! Or, at least until our city gets taken out by some random megalomaniac and/or all robots decide to take over, so... you may want to start pledging your allegiance to the Brick Blender(TM) until I can find a way to destroy it. Chance! Do we have any leftover nuclear material from the stove?"
5 x
Se habla Español. | Tweet, Tweet TboneSmile

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:12 am

Part of me thinks Chance, because he seems the type to really enjoy working out, so he'd probably need a calorie heavy diet. That means knowing how to cook food that has those calories, but also has enough protein and carbs to maintain his muscles, as well as just enough fat to keep that slight layer of padding to support those muscles. Having said that, I also think he'd be the kind of guy to try to add his one favorite ingredient to nearly everything he makes, which is a hit or miss strategy that may lead to ordering pizza or Chinese because something ended up not only inedible, but impossible to salvage (Ironically).

Jake might take up cooking as a hobby, like his gardening, to help keep his stress under control. He'd look up new recipes just so he could have a change of pace, or to try to get Chance to eat something other than a big sandwich. But, if he let's his scientific curiosity out on his food, he might end up making something they later reclassify as new fuel for the Turbokat, or their missiles. If he invents new upgrades for the oven, he might end up making a stove element that heats up better than any blast furnace you've ever dreamed of. 'If it takes twenty minutes at four hundred degrees, then it'd only take one minute at four thousand!'

Either way, Jake or Chance are both likely capable of being the cook, but Chance might think he's got an iron stomach and find a way to rust it, and Jake might be too experimental as a cook. Might be safer if they just stuck to ordering in, or frozen meals. Hungry Kat! Big meals for big kats!
7 x