Spot the Cat!

Anything non-SK related can be discussed here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Spot the Cat!

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:44 pm

My mom is finally moving out of her house of roughly nineteen years into a community called A Place for Mom. Now, she has a lot of cats and dogs, and they'll only let her have three (she chose Lafayette, Georgie and Mr. Thumbs). Harry, the cat who had to have his leg amputated due to cancer, will be going to live with my sister. Kittens Tigger and Milo will be going to my uncle. Harley the dog will be returning to her original owners, some of our cousins. We're not entirely sure about Sweetie-Pie just yet, but because, well, she's exactly what her name implies, she's sure to get adopted. This leaves Spot, our oldest cat since Oskar died. I decided to take her, and my mom brought her over to my apartment today. Just like with Richard the scorpion and Burton the tarantula I'll need to get a note from a doctor saying Spot counts as a therapeutic animal in order to make Cleveland Green II let me keep her. So far, she seems to be doing okay. So refused to come out of the cat carrier at first, until I got down on the floor and called to her, then she came out and was rubbing all over me and purring. Then after eating and getting a drink of water, she went under my sofa and hasn't come out since. I sure hope she'll be okay. I know she misses my mom, but I'll do my level best to take care of her. RazorHappyCait
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Spot the Cat!

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Here's a few pics of Spot from my mom's house this past Sunday.

2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:18 am

Spot finally came out from under the couch last night, and promptly claimed it as her own. TboneLaughCait

And here she is in the kitchen this morning. RazorHappyCait

1 x

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:42 am

Such cute little buggers!
1 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Spot the cat passed away less than two hours ago at the Cleveland School Animal Hospital here in Garner. What was intended as a routine checkup turned out to be a horror show involving an abscessed infected eye, and severe malnourishment and dehydration because of ulcers in Spot's mouth that made eating and drinking extremely painful for her. In addition to a variety of other ailments related to her age, we decided to have her put to sleep. This is in addition to my mom finding another one of her cats, Edwin, who's been missing for months, dead behind the wall of the house. God, what an awful day. RazSad
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Well, I know I thought I was done with pets after losing Richard, Burton and now Spot all in the same year, to say nothing of the fact I lost Spot so soon after Burton and after having her less than a week, but my mom persuaded me to take one of her younger, healthier cats, who we call "Mutant" because she has so many extra toes on her front paws, making it look like she's wearing mittens. Another cat, Mr. Thumbs, has the same condition. We'll see how things work out with Mutant.

Here she is:

3 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 am

My cat flops over much the same way. And the same look of 'hello, human. I do not need anything, but should you provide head scruffles, I would be appreciative.'
3 x