What if Jake took the shot?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
stancymckatt
Just Moved In
United States of America

What if Jake took the shot?

Post by stancymckatt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 am

In the 'flash back' during Wrath of the Dark Kat. What if Jake had sent the shot off as they were getting the fall back order (basically Jake was so focused he didn't hear the order until it was too late)? And it cause Dark Kat to crash into the new HQ.

Provided the other enforcers caught Dark Kat... Would they still have been kicked out due to dereliction of duty, insubordination, or whatever he stuck them with?

Or what if Dark Kat Crashed into the new HQ, and still got away because it wasn't occupied yet?
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: What if Jake took the shot?

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:34 pm

I don't think they would've been kicked off. Feral doesn't fire them for disobeying his order or for the destruction of Headquarters. What they get fired for is Chance refusing to take the hint and back down and calling Feral out right there in public on the sidewalk. So had Jake actually taken the shot and Dark Kat got killed or arrested, they would've still been in the Enforcers... just demoted and taken off of active flight duty like Feral was gonna do to them before Chance got in his face. That's what I think, anyway. So, yeah, punished for disobedience but not outright fired. Even if Chance still decides to get in Feral's face, they've still got an incarcerated Dark Kat under their belt, so he'd probably be a bit more forgiving of Chance's outburst.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cody Furlong
Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:26 am

The pair wouldn't have been discharged, but remained on the force. Likely suffering some other punishment instead. Things would be fine for awhile, until some other bad guy comes along, that only the Turbokat would have been able to handle. Chance and Jake try to stop it in their Enforcer jet, but fail, and the city gets detroyed / taken over/ the planet's water stolen.
2 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

stancymckatt
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:48 pm

That's along the lines I was thinking.

Who knows... In that AU some other disaster could turn them into the swat kats. Just not that particular chase.

Or maybe feral got mad at them for taking the shot, still blamed them, and stuck them out to pasture anyway? I doubt it though.
1 x